Monday, January 21, 2008

Mitts are easy - Right?!

I finished the scarf. I think I'll give it to my sister-in-law for her birthday.
And I finished the socks for my brother. They turned out nice. But they are just socks so I thought I'd do him a pair of mitts. Mitt's are easy, right? I've never knit a pair before. Somehow or another my brother ends up being my guinea pig for new projects.
After 2 cast ons of another pattern I finally found a pattern that called for the bulky type yarn I was using. (the needles are still off by .5 mm but it should be okay - shouldn't it?!)
These have a finger flap. Very practical. The pattern was only for a woman's size medium so I had to add more stitches to make it bigger for my brothers large hands.
The instructions for adding the cover flap were a little vague. I'm still not sure I have it right. Yes, you BO the mitten part with the contrasting colour. I didn't make that up myself.
We'll see how they turn out. I'll keep you posted. My brother's birthday is in 11 days and these have to go in the mail. Knitter's delusions has set in yet again. I am always starting a new type of project with no regards for the time require to figure out the project. It's an illness. Luckily I know a whole lot of other people just like me. We should start a support group. Although I'm not sure we'd be all that supportive, more like a group of enablers, not so much supporters. Sigh.

No comments: