Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oh my arm!

I woke up this morning with pain in my right arm. My first thought was that I was having sympathy pains for my mom's husband who fell yesterday and broke his collar bone. Poor bugger! Said he was in so much pain that he didn't think he could lift a fork. But wait, no this pain was real. Holy crap, did I knit too much yesterday?! Impossible, I still haven't finished that damn sock! (But we are on the toe decrease, so the end is in sight). I have too much knitting still to be done! I don't have time to deal with a stiff, sore right arm/hand. I have a ganglion cyst in my right wrist. It rarely bothers me but can be aggravated from time to time. This was not the time for it to decide to act up!

Okay, my grandmother knit like a madwoman her whole life and she never had that carpal tunnel syndrome. No older person I know in my family has that carpal tunnel, you shouldn't get it from knitting. Repetitive computer use I can see... (maybe I should stop typing now). That can't be it. Exercising your hands should be healthy for you. My grandmother does, however, have the worse arthritis.... Oh, god, I'm too young. I drink milk, get lots of calcium and vitamin D. I shouldn't be getting the arthritis yet. UGH! I don't have time for this!!!! Not now, wait until after Christmas, then my hands, arms, shoulders can crap out.

And then it dawns on me... after being up for hours.... I shoveled snow yesterday. This is a snow shovelling related soreness. I'll take 2 Advil and get back to my knitting. All is right in the world again.

No comments: