Sunday, April 6, 2008

Birthday knitting progress update

Just a quick update.. I knit up another felted slipper sock following the large size for the width. I'm happy with how it has turned out. I didn't do any colour work around the bunion area so these should definitely work. I like my little colour pattern I designed myself. I should get the other one done today and the pair felted. I really need these to go into the mail tomorrow.

I would have had them both done yesterday but I developed a nice little sinus headache. My allergies are killing me... can't wait for spring to actually get here. I'm allergic to wool so I'm blaming the sock for yesterday's headache but I'm also allergic to polyester, angora (the kind from rabbits, where still optimistic about the whole goat thing) dust, mold, dogs, cats, .... air. It's a huge pain in the butt. Oddly enough, there aren't too many who would call me the sensitive type. Oh, and what they say about Alpaca being hypoallergenic?! Well I think it's actually true. When I was working on the memorial socks which are 50% cashmere and silk and 50% alpaca I had no problems at all! But really, who wants to felt beautiful alpaca. I need a felting substitute for wool.

Okay back to the other birthday knitting. I'm not showing the tote I'm doing for my mom in case she reads this. I assume she doesn't but that's a big assumption for me to be making. So I'm keeping it hidden until she gets it.

Since she would have already seen the socks..... I frogged back to the ankle and started it in St st. The pattern in the yarn is so pretty I think it will be okay. After I did this Manon mentioned doing the foot in rib. Never thought of that but I'm afraid to attempt frogging it again. I got lucky the first time and didn't drop any stitches so I don't want to risk it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sock yarn is so nice that ribs or no ribs, the socks are going to be lovely.

Manon