Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ms Sophia's First Birthday Present

I finally remembered to take a picture of a FO. It's not that I haven't been knitting, I just don't think to blog about it.

My step-neice Ms. Sophia just turned one! I've loved this pattern ever since I saw a version of it knit at Tangled Skein (a now-defunct LYS). That was about 3 years ago! Don't laugh, I have a sock monkey kit to knit for Ms. Sophia's birthday next year.... You have to wait until they're just the right age to give them just the right gift.



In the end I added another little pocket with just the flower (no stem) to the middle of the top. It just gave it a little more colour.

This is Anouk by Kate Gilbert from Knitty.com. I used Bernat Cotton Tops for the pinks and beige and a discountinued organic cotton for the green. I also knit this in the round to make it a dress instead of a pinafore.

2 comments:

Lisa Wilbourne said...

Very cute dress and other knitted things! I just stumbled upon your blog and am inspired to go out and learn to knit now!

-- Lisa http://lisawilbourne.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

really nice, kids love pockets, there's never too many!

Manon