Saturday, June 2, 2007

Too many knitting projects for me (and not enough for everyone else)

I have been busy finishing up a sock to match one I had already made for myself. It was suppose to be for my mom but the toe knit up too small so I had one for me, made 2 bigger ones for her and then just finished this one for me. Just in time too as it got cold and I needed something warm for my tootsies!
Then I seriously debated what to knit next. I figure it's time to start thinking about Christmas so I should start knitting gifts now. I started with this potato chip scarf. Tanya had started this and found that the 200 stitches the pattern asked for to cast on was a bit much - it would make a 12 foot scarf! So I cast on half thinking that a 6 foot scarf was plenty long. However, I was not using the same alpaca blend and surprise, it is way too short. I like it so I'll keep it for me. So much for getting a few gifts done...
Then I wanted to attempt my first cable so I thought I'd do a quick project for me that would let me cut my teeth on cables. I had some italian cotton I had picked up on sale in Freeport, ME. I only had 2 small skeins so I thought this pattern would work. And this time of year, booties for chilly evenings are a good idea.
So here is my very first cable!! I'm so excited. Tan was right, they are easy. Which is a good thing because I love cables! Aren't they beautiful?!

After this I'm taking my cable skills and knitting a hat for my uncle. I must knit for others, I must knit for others.... Or else I'll be knitting like a mad woman come December!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Those rock! For sure!

Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

I can't wait to see how those cables knit up. They look wonderful so far.

The Gourmet Goddess said...

My camera died and is currently at the Canon ER. They turned out nice and since then I have done 2 more cable projects. As soon as I get my camera back, I'll update the pics!

Anonymous said...

Good words.